- C-Section v/s normal delivery
C-Section v/s normal delivery
Birth isn’t something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in.
Childbirth is one of the biggest days of a woman’s life. The joy of having a child is greater than the pain that welcomes the baby in this world. Most mothers wish to have a normal delivery, but C-section is becoming a new trend among new mothers. Let’s compare the pros and cons of normal delivery and C-section.
Normal delivery refers to childbirth through the vagina without any medical intervention. It is also known as a vaginal birth.
- Baby receives beneficial bacteria: Babies who come out through the birth canal are at an advantage of ingesting beneficial bacteria.
- Less breathing problems in the baby
- Fewer risks from surgery
- Early breastfeeding
- Shorter stay and quicker recovery
- A higher risk of blood loss or blood clots.
- Pain at the surgical incision site.
- Prolonged recovery period (up to two months sometimes).
- A higher risk of mother’s death during cesarean delivery than that during vaginal delivery due to uterine scarring.
Caesarean section, also known as C-section, or caesarean delivery, is the surgical procedure by which one or more babies are delivered through an incision in the mother’s abdomen, often performed because vaginal delivery would put the baby or mother at risk.
- pain during and after the birth.
- injury to the vagina.
- heavy bleeding after the birth.
- loss of bladder control.
- the womb, vagina, bowel or bladder pushing against the wall of the vagina (pelvic organ prolapse).
- Prolonged hospital stays
- Less likely chances of the early beginning of breastfeeding
- Higher risks of repeating hospitalizations for both the mother and baby
- Expensive means of delivery
Dr. Renu Malik is a profound and famous Gynecologist among the female population of East Delhi. She has been super successful in handling complicated delivery cases. She emphasizes more on Normal delivery but looking at the conditions where a woman may need a C-section surgery, she has proved to be the best at it.