Lip Reduction is a surgical process in which the size of your lips is reduced to the desired size. One of the most popular cosmetic surgeries these days is Lip Augmentation i.e increasing the size of lips, to give them a better shape.
Some of the most common reasons why people get Lip reduction done are:
- To make the lips look thinner than before.
- In case of failed lip augmentation procedure, you may have to reverse the results.
Lip reduction is a plastic surgery procedure that enhances the facial appearance by reducing the volume of the lower lip, upper lip, or both lips.
Lips can change their size and shape with age.
This Surgery can bring some positive changes, which are:
- This surgery can help reshape any asymmetry.
- This technique is also helpful in correcting cleft lip and palate.
The procedure of Lip Reduction Surgery is:
- The initial step is to numb the lip area with the use of anesthesia so that you don’t feel any pain.
- An incision is made on the inner pink portion of your lip to minimize the scarring.
- The excess fat and tissues are removed from the lip to reduce its overall size.
- Once the desired size is attained, the incision is closed with stitches that fall off in a few days.
In most cases, it requires only local anesthesia and can be completed in less than an hour, and produces permanent results.
This surgery has various side effects you should be aware of before making a decision. If you get the treatment done at a reputed and highly experienced plastic surgery clinic, the treatment can be successful without any side effects.
The most common side effects are as follows:
- Allergic reaction etc.
After the surgery it is very crucial to be extra careful and take proper care of your lips to them heal properly. Below are some of the tips that you can follow to ensure your lips get heal properly:
- The swelling and redness can last a few days, You will be able to move your lips comfortably post that.
- It is advised that you take a full week off, as it will take a week for your lips to completely heal.
- Ice packs and over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen can be helpful as suggested by your doctors.
Before getting the surgery, do your research properly and discuss with your doctor about pre-surgery care. Some of the steps to ensure you are ready for the treatment are mentioned below.
- The initial step is to share your medical history and all your concerns with your respective plastic surgeon.
- If you have any Autoimmune or inflammatory disease that can restrict you from having this particular treatment especially if you have a tendency of having mouth sores.
- You have to stop smoking several days before the surgery.
- You can’t get the surgery if you have any infection or cold sores around the lip area.
If you have any such issues, do not forget to share these with your doctor. Dr. Ayush Jain is a renowned doctor and known for his expertise in plastic surgery procedures. For any other queries. Book your appointment now at Radix Healthcare ad get the best medical advice from him!
Link below: https://radixhealthcare.org/contactus