The Human Brain is the central organ of the nervous system. There are three major parts of the brain which control the basic activities of our body such as breathing, moving muscles, working of our senses, etc. The Brain is a very spongy mass of tissue and is protected by Skull. The Skull is very rigid part of the brain. However, the brain is still susceptible to many problems like tumor or stroke. Brain Tumor happens when abnormal cells form within or close the brain. Any growth inside the enclosed space of brain can cause many problems.
- Brain Tumor can have a long lasting and a physical effect on a patient’s life.
- There are more than 140 different parts of Brain Tumor.
- Brain Tumor are different in children than those of adults and are therefore treated differently.
TYPES OF BRAIN TUMOR
PRIMARY BRAIN TUMOR : Primary Brain Tumor originates from various cells in our brain and are named for the kind of cell in which they first form. They can be either benign(not cancer) or malignant(cancerous). In adults, the most common types of brain tumors are gliomas and meningiomas.
Gliomas are tumors that develop from glial cells. Glial cells normally support the structure of the central nervous system and provide nutrition to them. These cells form various types of tumors in the brain that can affect our cereberum or the brain tisssues.
Meningiomas occur in people between the ages of 40 and 70. They are more common in women than men. This is very rare kind of tumor but is very aggressive.
Other types of Primary Brain Tumor that exists are :
- Acoustic neuromas (schwannomas)
- Pituitary adenomas
- Germ cell tumors
SECONDARY BRAIN TUMOR : Secondary Brain Tumor take up the majority of the brain cancers. They start up in one part of the body and can spread to other. They are always malignant. They can metastasize into lung cancer, skin cancer, breast cancer, etc. Secondary Brain Tumor is never benign as they do not spread to any one part of the body.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
General signs and symptoms of tumor are :
- Single or multiple muscle twitches, jerks, spasms
- Loss of control of body functions
- Loss of consciousness and body tone
- Loss of awareness or a partial or total loss of consciousness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sleep problems
- Memory problems
- Changes in ability to walk or perform daily activities
Symptoms specific to Tumor are :
- Pressure or headache near the tumor
- Partial or complete loss of vision is caused by a tumor
- Inability to look upward can be caused by a pineal gland tumor.
- Difficulty swallowing, facial weakness or numbness, or double vision is a symptom of a tumor in the brain stem.
- Vision changes, including loss of part of the vision or double vision can be from a tumor in the temporal lobe, occipital lobe, or brain stem.
CAUSES AND RISK FACTORS OF BRAIN TUMORS
The risk factors of the Brain Tumor are :
- Family History
- Exposure to Radiation
All of these factors can be the major causes of Brain tumor
In order to diagnose Brain Tumor, doctor will ask you about the symptoms and your family history. If there are symptoms of suspection then the doctor might either go for CT Scan or MRI in order to determine whether it is cancer or not.
Surgery is the most common treatment in order to diagnose cancer. However, some of the tumor can not be removed because if its location in the brain. In those cases, chemotherapy and radiation therapy may be options for killing and shrinking the tumor
Because the treatment for Brain cancer can harm our brain tissues, so it is essential to know about the side effects of the treatment before its done. In this case, doctor can provide you with healthy information regarding the rehabilitation process for the treatment. The doctor can advise you with many therapies to address the problem.
In order to be treated by the best doctors in your city, you can visit Radix Healthcare.