Tired of standing on your feet all the day? You know the feeling when you have been on your feet the whole day and all you want to do is kick off your shoes, lift up your feet, and relax? Well, that is something which is very common these days. According to a recent survey by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), 61 percent of women spend more than four hours on their feet daily. We do a plethora of things at home in order to provide relief to the feet. But all you have to do is soothe your feet with something useful and provide them with some comfort. This article is here to help you. Keep reading to know more.
Foot pain is the consequence of standing all day long. Feet carry you from here to there every day. But you may not think much about them until they hurt. And when they do, you want relief. It’s easy to find relief for aching feet. Each of your feet has 33 joints, 26 bones, and more than 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments. That’s a lot of moving parts, so it’s not surprising that there are also countless problems that can plague your feet.
Two of the most common foot and ankle issues in active adults are Plantar Fasciitis which causes pain in the heel and bottom of the foot, and Achilles Tendinopathy, which causes pain and stiffness in the tendon that attaches the bone in your heel to your calf muscles. These conditions are closely related, and often come as concurrent diagnoses. So, it becomes necessary to do to the best exercises and opt for relaxation measured in order to provide your feet with comfort.
Here is the list of best exercises you can do to prevent foot pain.
- Point your toes : For a proper foot pain relief, lift one foot and roll it downward until the toes are pointed toward the ground. Then flex your foot. Repeat using the other foot. This exercise stretches out all the small muscles that are on the bottom of your feet, which help in foot pain relief and thereby improve blood circulation.
- Roll a ball : Rolling a ball using the bottom of your feet will provide instant massage to your feet. This can be performed while standing or sitting. This exercise can be helpful for arch pain, cramps, and heel pain from Plantar Fasciitis. You can perform this exercise while sitting or standing.
- Step stretch : This is a simple way to stretch out your foot muscles, after a long run or when you’re feeling pain is the step stretch. Find a step or elevated surface that can support your weight. Stand with your toes on the step and your heels hanging over the edge. Slowly lower your body so your heels dip down below the edge of the step and hold for 10 to 15 seconds. Lift your body back up and rest, then repeat the stretching exercise three to four more times. This will help you ease your foot pain.
- Give yourself a foot massage : Nothing can spell a pain better than a massage. Start with your toes, using your thumb to massage them in circular motions. Then move to the arch under your foot and gradually work your way down to the heel, applying pressure with your fingers and palm of your hand. Use lotion to allow your hand to move smoothly over your foot.
- Ankle stretch : For a direct access to the muscles of the feet, you can try ankle stretch. Start by sitting in a chair with one leg crossed over the other. Grab your foot with both hands. Place both thumbs at the top of your foot with your fingers wrapped around and under your foot. Slowly bend the bottom of your foot out and hold for 10 to 15 seconds, then stop and rest. Repeat the exercise, this time bending the bottom of your foot in to stretch the top of the foot.
- Squeeze your toes : In order to strengthen the toes and help them to be pain relieved, separate your toes using corks or foam toe separators and then squeeze your toes together for five seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Stretch sitting down : Sit barefoot and cross your left leg so that your ankle rests on your right thigh. Then hold your toes and bend them back toward your shin, stretching the band of tissue connecting the bottom of the heel to the ball. Stretching your toes like this will provide you as the best tooth pain treatment.
Now that you have learnt about the exercises for foot pain treatment, then you must realize the importance of doing exercises everyday and make an exercise routine in order to stay fit. Schedule out some proper workout plans to help your health and weight stay in a proper condition. It’s important to remember that we have evolved from nomadic ancestors who spent all their time moving around in search of food and shelter, travelling large distances on a daily basis. Our bodies are designed and have evolved to be regularly active. So stay active by doing fitness exercises and strengthen up your muscles.
You can get an appointment of the best physiotherapist in the city at Radix Healthcare.